Secrets are hard to keep, bicycle industry or elsewhere, people love to talk and be the “insider”… especially when given a reason to.
The long-rumored new platform has finally, and officially been unveiled by Cervelo earlier today. The C-Series bikes, designed exclusively for the rider looking for the do-it-all, versatile bike, that will thrive when ridden on or off road, in dry or wet weather.
On paper, this is a great option for someone who’s looking for that n+1 bike. Sure it’s not aero – and we like aero – but we feel it’s compelling on a number of levels, appealing to even those of us who enjoy road racing.
Below is a number of highlights about the flagship C5:
– At 850 grams with paint and all small parts, the C5 is the lightest endurance road bike on the market today.
– The American-manufactured Project California fork, single-piece rear triangle and extraordinarily curved seat-stays balance lateral stiffness with comforting vertical compliance.
– Moving the BB closer to the ground lowers the bike’s center of gravity, improving stability and handling. Longer chainstays, a shallower headtube angle and additional fork rake all increase trail, while extra tire clearance allows for a wider range of tire sizes and room for a fender. All of this also produces an exceptionally stable, smooth and reliable ride.
– The lower BB drops the rider relative to the handlebars. Combined with a taller fork, this adds up to 22mm in frame stack without exaggerating the headtube, yielding more versatile fit options.
– The flat-mount disc-brake standard ensures compatibility with virtually all commonly used calipers and rotor sizes via adapters, and through-axles improve alignment and eliminate the risk of accidental wheel dropouts for maximum safety.
We look forward to trying out a C5 in the near future, however, if this sounds like the bike you’ve been waiting for, availability will be limited starting in January, so make sure you email us to reserve yours.