SRAM RED eTap AXS Electronic Road Groupset - 2x, 12-Speed, Flat Mount Disc Calipers, CenterLock
The SRAM RED eTap AXS Electronic system is an intuitive, high performance wireless groupset. At the core of this drivetrain is AXS - the electronic integration platform that allows you to easily personalize the groupset right from your phone and enable your choices while riding. Orbit chain management provides a reassuringly quiet, secure and smooth ride, whatever the terrain.
- Groupset includes all electronic components for a 2x setup in a single package - hydraulic brake/shift lever pair, front and rear flat mount disc calipers, 160mm 6-bolt disc rotors, front and rear derailleurs, battery, charger and cord, and Quick Start Guide
- RED eTap AXS HRD Brake/Shift System features simple and intuitive eTap shift logic and is AXS enabled for easy personalization
- The HydroHC brake platform includes a two-piece caliper for a more positive feel
- The RED eTap AXS front derailleur features classic SRAM Yaw trimless cage technology with an optimized cage profile for SRAM Red front chainring combinations, and is compatible with existing eTap batteries
- Battery placement on the front derailleur is streamlined to allow for more rear tire clearance
- The RED eTap AXS rear derailleur features Orbit chain management technology to keep the drivetrain quiet and secure, and is enabled with SRAM AXS for easy personalization
- Rear derailleur includes optimized motor and signal travel for faster shifting, and is compatible with existing eTap batteries
- To complete your groupset, purchase a crank, bottom bracket, cassette, and chain
Manufacturer Part Number: 00.7918.078.010
I took advantage of a sale BA was having and got some new bling for my road bike. I originally had the Sram Force AXS groupset but upgraded. I didn't stretch for the crankset - I'm not Bill Gates! Anyway, the groupset arrived and was straight forward to install using a few online videos. I needed to buy a cable routing tool - about $15 on Amazon, and you need a brake bleed kit but I dad one so all good there. The kit is chromed on the brake calipers and levers, then mostly blacked out for the rest of the components which suits my white Factor Ostro VAM with Chrome logos quite nicely. Shifting is smooth and quiet except for the chain's noise which you would get with all groupsets. Shifting is intuitive with my setup being the right lever shifts to a higher gear and the left lever shifting to a lower gear - different from the mechanical setup but perhaps more logical. I can't speak to feeling a weight difference - I'm not that much of a weight weenie - but there is a psychological affect to having Sram's top groupset on your bike. Call it superficial if you want but I like it! All-in-all, I'm very pleased with the purchase and Andres made it super simple to order, as always. Thanks Andres!