Zipp 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc Wheels
Zipp’s 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a pro-proven Speed Weapon for any situation. The 404’s heritage as Zipp’s icon of speed extends back decades, and its future is even brighter. At 58mm deep, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless is ideal for road races, time trial and triathlon, gran fondos, and riding over varied terrain. The wheelset’s 23mm internal width is perfect for running wider tubeless tires at reduced air pressure. That is a vital component of Total System Efficiency™, or TSE™, an approach to speed on ever-changing roads and riding conditions. Specifically, TSE™ focuses on overcoming specific barriers to speed: wind resistance, gravity, rolling resistance, and vibration losses. Zipp’s ABLC™ Sawtooth™ Technology uses an intricate dimpling pattern to improve aero efficiency. Zipp’s use of hookless (straight side) rims in the 404 Firecrest is integral to Making You Faster. With hookless, the transition between the tire and the rim is more seamless and aero.
Zipp’s hookless rims have more efficient resin distribution, which means lighter, stronger wheels. At the center of the 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc-brake is a versatile and durable new hubset, the German-engineered ZR1 DB. If you had to choose just one wheel for road riding and racing, the 404 Firecrest Tubeless Disc brake is a savvy and speedy choice.
***Please note that all wheels (except the Super9 Disc) must be purchased as front/rear sets***
Have questions? Need help with sizing & fit? Don't hesitate to get in touch.
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that scream speed
- Versatile endurance wheelset for the modern road bike with tubeless and hookless rim profile
- Lighter Weight than its predecessor, making it nimble and fast.
- Tubeless Made Easy, optimized tire bed sign allows for simple tool-free installation and removal with no need for an air compressor to seat the tire.
- 23mm rim profile creates a better tire interface to be fast on or off the road
- 58mm rim depth makes a light and aero wheel
- New ZR1 DB hub is engineered in Germany with better seal design for improved durability and quicker response with 66 points of engagement
- Ships with 12mm front and rear end caps
- Center locking rotor interface. Lockring is included with the wheels
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies
- Campagnolo driver body sold separately